As a McPherson College student and alumni, you have TWO places special for job and internship search. Check both places often as opportunities change daily. Create your profile in both systems using your McPherson College bulldog email address.
**International students, for additional guidance to follow for off-campus employment, go to International student off-campus employment page for more information.**
All Campus Jobs are posted in Handshake.
Handshake is an online platform, much like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, or SimplyHired, that allows you to search for a variety of opportunities from regional to national to around the world. Start by following these 4 easy steps:
- Download the Handshake App from your app store, OR, Go to https://mcphersoncollege.joinhandshake.com
- Use your bulldog email address to create your account. After you have entered your email address, Handshake will send a verification code to your bulldog email account. Confirm your account
- Create your profile. Upload your resume. If you don't have one, come see me! We can work together to create your basic resume.
- To search jobs, go to "Jobs" and then filter for your search (ex. on campus, location, part-time, full-time, etc.)
Campus Jobs: All campus jobs are posted in Handshake, so if you’re looking for on-campus employment, you’ll want to make sure to download the app.
Handshake connects employers to students and allows students to browse not only job opportunities, but interview opportunities and company events posted by employers. Students are also able to connect with other like-minded students in their fields of study to share experiences and ask questions.
Getting Started in Handshake
Search for on-campus jobs in Handshake
Searching for jobs and internships on Handshake
Additional info about Handshake:
What is Handshake.pdf
Why you need Handshake more than other career sites.pdf
How to signup and find a job on Handshake.pdf
In addition to the networking opportunities and career resources on the Bulldog Network, you may also search for internships and part-time or full-time jobs posted from McPherson College alumni and community partners. Don't forget to check out the Bulldog Network "Jobs" page in your search!
Search Jobs on the Bulldog Network
Did you know?
- You're 14x more likely to be hired with a referral than without one. Check out the Job Referral tab to connect with people who want to help you get hired.
- 80% of jobs are landed through connections.
- The Bulldog Network highlights alumni with experience at each company to help you tap into the power of your network.