Returning Student Housing Selection
1. Submit your Housing & Off Campus Application
2.Receive your selection timeslot & review options!
3. Attend Housing Selection - March 13 & 14
Residents will select their roommate(s) and exact assignments. This is to give students more opportunity to select their housing and to honor students with higher academic status and GPA. It also provides more transparency in the housing process and will allow for new specialty housing. Students who do not participate in Housing selection will be assigned housing.
Housing Options, Amenities, and Pricing
- First Year Housing- Dotzour & Metzler Hall Dotzour and Metzler will be reserved for first-year students, with limited rooms available to sophomore and junior students.
- Bittinger Hall & Morrison Hall Bittinger and Morrison will be primarily for upper class students: sophomore, junior, and senior status students. Bittinger is designated for female students. Morrison is designated for male students. Auto Restoration majors often reside in Bittinger and Morrison.
- Apartments & MC Houses - Baer, Deerfield, Lakeside, & Terra Nova These apartments will be reserved for upper class students: sophomore, junior, and senior status students. The college will not provide internet service in the apartments. Furniture is not provided in Terra Nova.
- Pet Friendly Housing - Baer Apartments Baer Apartments will be designated Pet Friendly housing! This means that residents will be permitted to have cats, dogs, and other designated animals as pets. All pets must meet all requirements and must be approved before they are on campus. All residents must meet additional expectations to reside in Baer, and will be charged an additional $200.00 fee to be applied to pet-friendly improvements and any damages.
- Gender Neutral Housing - Harter Hall Harter Hall is designated gender-neutral housing. This community embraces and promotes the health and safety of LGBTQIA+ identifying students and allies/siblings. Residents of this area may select roommates of any gender identity, and must demonstrate support to the residents of Harter. Discrimination and misconduct of the community will not be tolerated.
- Themed Housing Do you share a common interest with several of your friends? Would you want to live with them in a MC House?! Apply to live in a themed community, and get first selection at an MC House for the coming year! Learn more and apply at https://mcstudentlife.formstack.com/forms/themed_housing
Roommates are permitted to select their housing assignment at the same time. Roommate pairs who wish to live together should attend selection at the time of the person in the group who has the earliest time slot. If three or four people wish to live together, they are welcome to select their housing at the same time for spaces that accommodate four residents (ex. a 2-bedroom apartment). If three and four person spaces are unavailable, the roommate group must separate.
Keep Current Room
Residents are permitted to select their current assignment to retain for the coming year. To retain that assignment, residents must submit identify on the housing application that they want to keep their current space and must include roommates to fill all vacant spots or agree to having roommates assigned. Harter, Dotzour, & Metzler will not be initially eligible for students to retain.
More Information & Pricing
During their selection day, residents can place their names on waitlists for other buildings in which they wish to reside. If space opens in those areas, residents will be contacted in order of which they signed up.
If you cannot attend Selection Day at your assigned time, you can designate a Proxy to select your housing for you. The Proxy Form must be completed by March 12.
Bittinger Hall, Dotzour Hall, Metzler Hall, Morrison Hall
Harter Hall, Baer Apartments, Lakeside Apartments, Deerfield, MC Houses, & Off Campus Athletes
Terra Nova Apartments
- Athletes – Required Commuter Plan
Off Campus Housing
All students are required to live on campus unless they apply and receive permission from Student Affairs. This must be renewed annually. Exemptions are available for students who are married and/or have dependents, live with their parents/guardians in McPherson County, or are 23 years of age at the start o the year. Students with these exemptions must submit an off campus housing application. On occasion, students may be released from housing. Students may apply for off-campus housing only if:
- 21 or Junior Status in 22-23
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Proof of reliable transportation
- Good academic standing
- Good conduct record
Applying for off-campus housing does not mean the request is approved. Students will be approved to live off campus in order of academic seniority and GPA. Do not sign a lease before receiving approval to live off campus. Students who claim to live with parents/guardians and are found to have falsified this information will be charged housing. Once approved, a copy of a lease must be supplied to Student Affairs. Students currently off campus must apply and receive approval to continue living off campus.